Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• com.rabbitmq.client.impl.LongString (Spring AMQP AMQP-194)

Good evening Mark and Dave.
    We have been using spring-amqp since its inception (spring-amqp 1.0.0.M1).
    Upgragded from M1 to M2 to M3 and finally to 1.0.0.RELEASE.
    When I saw the sticky note from Dave on 1.0.0.RELEASE we upgraded to this release.
    Every time we upgraded spring-amqp, we also upgraded amqp client.
    We have been using RabbitMQ 2.7.1, spring-amqp-1.0.0 along with amqp-client 2.7.1 for more than six months.
    We never faced any issues that is related to the problem with Spring AMQP AMQP-194.
    Since yesterday we are finding that queue consumers were frozen and we were seeing the following WARN in logs:

WARN May 02, 2012 01:24:04 AM [SimpleAsyncTaskExecutor-1] org.springframework.amqp.rabbit.listener.SimpleMes sageListenerContainer (SimpleMessageListenerContain er.java:530) - Consumer raised exception, processing can restart if the connection factory supports it. Exception summary: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/rabbitmq/client/impl/LongString

When we found about Spring AMQP AMQP-194, we downgraded amqp-client 2.7.1 to 2.5.
    What surprises me is that how this problem has been masked for such a long time and only surfacing recently.
    Please let me know your thoughts.

I appreciate and thank you for your time.

Venkat

Mark and Dave I would like to add one more note, we have a service that posts a message to queue with thousands of lines worth of xml String, never had any problem until yesterday.

Thanks
    Venkat

Comment

Is there any chance that your classpath had changed just recently? Also, how are you configuring the classpath for your application? If you use Maven or Gradle you would get the transitive dependency from spring-amqp. Maybe they were both on your classpath but the order changed. Any information along those lines would be helpful in determining what may have happened.

In any event, we hope to have 1.0.1.RELEASE out very soon.

Regards,
      -Mark

Comment

Yes Sir you are right. Build Management could have messed up class path recently. Because queues have been working consistently and went thru regression testing (using amqp-client-2.7.1) and never had any problem related to Spring AMQP AMQP-194. As per your suggestion we will upgraded to 1.0.1 when it is available. I appreciate and thank you for your time.

Thanks
        Venkat

Comment

Working...
        X