Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for The Mandatory Flag

All,

Am I right to think that Spring AMQP does not expose the "mandatory" flag? For example, one can see code for RabbitMQ that sets this flag (from the Manning book):

channel.basic_publish(body=msg, mandatory=True,
    exchange="incoming_orders",
    properties=msg_props,
    routing_key="warehouse")

Is this possible in the Sprint client and, if not, is there a "workaround?"

Thank you.

-Paul

I just yesterday pushed a commit to a branch in my clone - it is still a work-in-process but I hope to get it into a 1.0.1 release shortly.

https://github.com/garyrussell/sprin...tree/AMQP-213a

Comment

Terrific news, Gary - thank you.

Forgive me for asking this but, any sense for when your support for mandatory flag will be publicly available?

Cordially,

Paul

Comment

We are hoping to get the 1.0.1 release out in the next couple of weeks.

Any extra help we can get testing and evaluating the functionality ahead of time will help a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Russell View Post
          Any extra help we can get testing and evaluating the functionality ahead of time will help a lot.
          Gary,

We are certainly willing to test and evaluate functionality ahead of time.

Please let me know what's involved and whence we can obtain a "release candidate" of 1.0.1.

Thanks.

-Paul

Comment

If you'd like to try before we publish a build...

git clone https://github.com/garyrussell/spring-amqp.git
            cd spring-amqp
            git checkout AMQP-213b
            mvn clean install

This will add 1.0.1.BUILD-SNAPSHOT artifacts into your local maven repository.

The test cases in "RabbitTemplatePublisherCallbacksIntegrationTe sts" show how to use mandatory with the RabbitTemplate and how to receive returned messages.

Comment

Thanks, Gary.

Can I safely assume that, as part of the support for "mandatory" flag, you've also added support for a "return listener", or some means of handling a message rejected/returned by the broker because it couldn't meet mandatory flag requirements?

-Paul

Comment

Yes, in fact the reason I had to support mandatory is because we wanted to support returns - which require setting mandatory/immediate.

As you'll see in the test case, you provide the RabbitTemplate with a Callback to which the returns are sent.

Comment

Hi Gary,

We are hoping to test tomorrow the functionality of the mandatory flag.

-Paul

Comment

Gary,

We've tested mandatory flag and everything seems to be working perfectly.

We hope to test DLE very soon.

Cordially,

Paul

Comment

Working...
                    X