X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring AMQP Apache Camel Component Released

For those who might be interested, I've posted an Apache Camel component based on Spring AMQP for those who wish to use more AMQP semantics instead of a JMS->AMQP bridge via Qpid. Source is available at https://github.com/Bluelock/camel-spring-amqp

While the Qpid component is great for those who might be migrating from JMS to AMQP, I wanted to have features more native to RabbitMQ, leverage header exchanges, etc. This camel-spring-amqp component was created to expose RabbitMQ features natively within a Camel endpoint but still provide a path towards a vendor-independent implementation. After receiving feedback from the Camel team I decided to implement the component using Spring AMQP.

Since Spring AMQP performs JSON marshalling with Jackson, I've also included an XStream marshaller with this component so that messages can be formatted using the XStream JSON libraries prior to being sent over the wire.

I'm open to any feedback, testing or pull requests for camel-spring-amqp. If you find the URI format to be a bit odd let me know - I'm open to new ideas on how to better format the endpoint string.
Working...
X