Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring-AMQP usage statistics

Hi

I'm trying to find out how important it is for developers using AMQP to have a vendor-neutral API for their language. I thought that one indicator of this could be how successful is the Spring-AMQP project, even if it also indicates how popular is Spring

Are there any usage statistics available for Spring-AMQP, such as number of downloads, number of active forum users, etc?

Could you maybe estimate the percentage of applications or developers that use RabbitMQ over Spring-AMQP versus direct users of the RabbitMQ Java/C# client libraries?

Cheers
    Jiri

I don't think we can really get anything accurate. Plus Spring AMQP is still new and not even GA, so I'd expect adoption to increase after we have a release (and then we will track downloads more accurately as well). You can get a visual impression of the number of users by scanning this forum, and comparing it with rabbitmq-discuss@rabbitmq.com, but even that isn't going to tell you much more than the relative popularity or accessibility of the forums. My impression from that is that there are more native library users, but Spring AMQP is growing, and I expect it will grow more.

Comment

Working...
    X