X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange to Exchange binding

As noted in this blog is it possible to configure exchange to exchange bindings?

I looked at the amqp.core.Binding class and all the constructors there use queue to exchange bindings.

Let me know when you get a chance.

pcreddy

Am I missing something basic or this cannot be done with the current release implementation?

Comment

Correct, it can't be done with the current implementation of Binding. Exchange bindings is not an AMQP feature, it's a Rabbit extension (and a very recent one), so we haven't had any requests (yet) to support it. Raise a JIRA and let us know how much you care.

Note that you can still create e-e bindings from Spring AMQP using a ChannelCallback in RabbitTemplate.execute() (like we do for e-q bindings in RabbitAdmin).

Comment

Dave,
        Thanks much. I was going through the API and was just about to post the same for others who might be looking for a similar configuration.

I will open a JIRA for this.
        Thanks

Comment

Thought I'd mention that this is exactly what the RabbitMQ Shovel plugin is for too (http://www.rabbitmq.com/plugins.html#rabbitmq-shovel).

Comment

Working...
          X