Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• separate thread pools for publish-subcribe consumer

Hi,

I would like to manage the different consumers of the publish-subscribe channel separately. There is already a topic dealing about the task executor of the publish-subscribe (http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=62448) but it does not fully address my problem.

Say I have a publish-subscribe channel called A with 3 consumers (service activator): A1, A2, A3.

I want to control how each of them consumes messages coming from channel A. For instance 5 threads for A1, 10 threads for A2 and A3.

How do I do that?

Thanks,
    S.

PS: I am using SI 2.0.3 and Spring 3.0.5
    Last edited by snicoll; Feb 26th, 2011, 11:16 AM.

Rather than <publish-subscribe-channel> you might want to consider using a <recipient-list-router>. Then each recipient channel can be a simple point-to-point <channel>, but you can add <dispatcher> sub-elements with "task-executor" references on each.

Out of curiosity, why do you need such fine grained control over every thread pool?

-Mark

Comment

Okay, I'll give it a try.

In my case, we do multiple things with a document. Some of them could be potentially slow and each operation is always applied to the document: that's why we want to use a separate thread pools so that other operations do not get stuck.

Of course, any other advice is more than welcome !

Comment

Working...
      X