Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• groovy:script with customizer bug?

Hello, Mark & Oleg,

I've tried to use the new implementation of GroovyScriptExecuting when my script was inline and i've added to him the customizer.

In my case the script is very simple: it invokes the hibernate named query with parameter from payload and transform result to new outbound payload.

This is sample:

HTML Code:
     <service-activator input-channel="input" output-channel="response">
            <groovy:script customizer="hibernateSessionGroovyObjectCustomizer">
              <![CDATA[
                    import com.my.project.model.ResData
                    import static org.hibernate.Hibernate.INTEGER as Hibernate_INTEGER

def result = hibernateSession.getNamedQuery('getInfo')
                                            .setParameter('pageNo', payload != '' ? payload.pageNo : null, Hibernate_INTEGER)
                                            .list()

if (result.empty) return ''

def firstRecord = result[0]

return new ResData(
                        records: result,
                        nextPageNo: firstRecord.nextPageNo
                    )
                    ]]>
            </groovy:script>
        </service-activator>
    So, I added the Hibernate Session to Script context from SpringContext as Bean via implementation of GroovyObjectCustomizer.

When I received the Exception in script evaluation, in my case it was an SqlException during Hibernate execution, I found the problem in
    org.springframework.integration.util.MessagingMeth odInvokerHelper.processInternal, where the candidates for my payload are processMessage from AbstractScriptExecutingMessageProcessor and GroovyScriptExecutingMessageProcessor.setCustomize r
    So, When first called processMessage, and an Exception occurs, then called setCustomizer with my payload(!!!).
    At the end I receive the Exception of invoking method with invalid arguments.

I'm confused. Whether this mechanism generally works?
    Why candidate method attempts to be selected by type Message when I have clearly come pyaload?
    Thoroughly investigate the problem I can't: too much complicated architecture of the project.
    Oh, and the question is not on the topic: why not use the tag variable along with inline script, anyway it all comes down ScriptSource?

Thank you,
    Artem Bilan
    Last edited by Artem Bilan; Feb 22nd, 2011, 10:53 AM.

Artem

I am looking into this. It seem like we have a bug in a way that we did not restrict you to s ingle <script> sub-element per service-activator. In other words what you showing should not work, but we should have been more proactive in disallowing multiple <script> elements.

Feel free to open a JIRA issue for it.

Comment

So, I've solved the problem: I changed the enclosed service-activator to transformer and i've got List<HandlerMethod> candidates with only one method - processMessage from AbstractScriptExecutingMessageProcessor.

And as I noticed that when I do not use сustomizer then сandidates appear in a different sequence, but also caused the two together with both Exseptions, that's just right to me comes first.

Comment

Thank you, Oleg for your response.
        But it was my copy-paste mistake. I edited my sample.
        And the prombel is open.

Comment

Artem

I guess our post crossed, so please read my reply and alos read my comments in the JIRA when you asked the questions earlier https://jira.springsource.org/browse/INT-1727

Comment

Ok, Oleg
            I understand your answers.
            But I have another question: what is scenario when I need refreshable scripts?
            And other question: where should I put the files be able to use them as refreshable?

In my case my application is deployed in cluster.

Thank you

Comment

what is scenario when I need refreshable scripts?
              Any time you would want to change the logic without replacing/rebuilding the java code which is quite typical in the highly dynamic environments. This is one of the motivations to use scripts in the first place.

where should I put the files be able to use them as refreshable?
              Anywhere you want, but if you want since it uses the same Spring Resource abstraction as everything else (e.g., classpath:..., file:... etc.)
              Code:
              <transformer input-channel="someChannel">
              		<groovy:script refresh-check-delay="10000" location="file:foo/bar/MyTransformer.groovy"/>
              </transformer>
              In the above, the state of the script will be cached for 10 seconds and then it will check if it was modified where if it was it will initialize a new version without stopping your application.

Comment

Working...
              X