Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind... I've reproduced it; the read event is fired to tell us to read the EOS; we need to suppress the error when it's expected, like in this case.

It's already suppressed when using-nio="false" so if you can use that mode you can avoid the error log.

Can you create a JIRA issue to suppress the ERROR on an expected CLOSE when using=nio="true"?

Thanks.

Comment

I tried the following scenarios

1) using-nio="false" on both side
      2) single-use="true" with using-nio="true" on the server connection factory

seems the error is gone for both cases. Looks like I have to specify single-use="true" on the server side as well. But I kind of remember the reference said the single-use="true" does not mean too much on the server side. Anyway, glad the error is gone now and really appreciate your help.

BTW, I am still in the prototype phase to evaluate Spring integration and my goal is to build a message bus with SI. I am familiar with BEA ESB server and like its inbound and outbound flow concept (seems Mule just added the flow concept). There is a learning curve of SI for me because of the different concepts.

I also wonder why SI does not provide a JMS message store such as ActiveMQ message store. Seems I need to implement one by myself.

My another idea is to use hazelcast (a distributed cache system) to implement a distributed publish and subscribe channel, queue, and perhaps message store as well so that the message bus can support clustering. Anything pitfalls I should pay attention to if I implement them?

Thanks again,

John

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Russell View Post
        Never mind... I've reproduced it; the read event is fired to tell us to read the EOS; we need to suppress the error when it's expected, like in this case.

It's already suppressed when using-nio="false" so if you can use that mode you can avoid the error log.

Can you create a JIRA issue to suppress the ERROR on an expected CLOSE when using=nio="true"?
        Sure. I will do that.

Thanks,

John

Comment

The JIRA is here:

https://jira.springsource.org/browse/INT-1797

Thanks,

John

Comment

I did a load test and seems the single-use="true" on the server side did not really fix the problem. Some times, no errors, but some times I still see the following errors.

ERROR - Exception on Read localhost.localdomain:40238:586744119 null

ERROR - Exception on Read localhost.localdomain:40329:1585803366 Channel closed
            Is this only an error log and does it affect the message channel behavior? I mean, will the exception be actually thrown in the process?

I switch back not to use nio now until the problem has been fixed.

Thanks,

John

Comment

Yes, it's just noise in the log; it doesn't affect functionality.

Whether you get 'null' or 'channel closed' is purely timing.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Working...
              X