X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicator Element

How do I duplicate I message using an xml schema element.

For example I have an output from an aggregator that gets passed to an outbound service.

The outbound service does some processing and eventually outputs to a channel . That's fine. Now I want to poll that channel in three places. I meant by poll is duplicate the final message. Maybe one for logging, another one for a custom service, another for another custom service.

I was expecting there's an element like <duplicator receive-from-channel="...."/>

Then I have three end receivers that will receive from duplicator
    <receiver1 receive-from="duplicator" />
    <receiver2 receive-from="duplicator" />
    <receiver3 receive-from="duplicator" />

We have a splitter, aggreggator. Shouldn't we have a duplicator?

I wanna do it via the xml way

Spring Integration messages are immutable by definition, which means that every endpoint (splitter, aggregator etc.) receives a new instance of the Message.
    Read more here: http://static.springsource.org/sprin...essage-builder

So essentially you don't need to do anything with regard to duplication. Is that what you were looking for?

Comment

It almost sounds as if you're simply unfamiliar with PublishSubscribeChannel?

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I believe the PublishSubscribeChannel seems to be the closer solution I was looking for I guess I was thinking differently. The only issue here is I need to implement a MessageHandler

With the ordinary channel, I just create a POJO with no dependencies or interfaces needed.

Why can't we have a channel that duplicates messages but without the need for a publish-subscribe channel? Or maybe not a channel...another element that duplicates messages declaratively?

I understand that messages are immutable. But I was looking for something in between a default channel and pub-sub channel. I just want a simple duplicator

Comment

I am not sure what do you mean. The whole point of the channel abstraction is to manage HOW two+ endpoints talk to each other which means if A wants to talk to B and only B, then you POJOs representing A and B are connected with DirectChannel (as below)
          Code:
          <int:service-activator input-channel="inChannel" output-channel="someChannel">
               <bean class="foo.bar.Bar"/>
          </int:service-activator>

<int:channel id="someChannel"/>

<int:service-activator input-channel="someChannel" output-channel="someOtherChannel">
               <bean class="foo.bar.Baz"/>
          However if more then one endpoint is interested in what A has to say, then you simply switch from DirectChannel to PubSubChannel
          Code:
          <int:service-activator input-channel="inChannel" output-channel="someChannel">
               <bean class="foo.bar.Bar"/>

<int:publish-subscribe-channel id="someChannel"/>

<int:service-activator input-channel="someChannel" output-channel="someOtherChannel">
               <bean class="foo.bar.Baz"/>

<bean class="foo.bar.Bazzzz"/>
          I am not sure what would duplicator do different?

Also, i would suggest to read up on Enterprise Integration Patterns http://www.eaipatterns.com/. This is where all these patterns come from

Comment

Working...
          X