X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control bus example ?

Is there any examples to see how to use control bus or any alternative options to start and stop or do some maintenance operation on messaging end points?

We've been planning to add such a sample. Could you please open a JIRA issue? Also, if you'd like to contribute, please feel free!

Comment

jira created : https://jira.springframework.org/browse/INT-1716

I couldnt really find a way to do this (start/stop) for my current project and have been thinking something like this ...

I will have an admin job (int-file adapter) polling a particular folder for a command file with some basic start and stop commands followed by the endpoint name/id. Once the command is collected then scan through the container and issue stop or start. may be stupid idea but something I feel could work.

Comment

Thanks for creating the issue. Have you read this section of the manual?:
        http://static.springsource.org/sprin...e/#control-bus

Comment

yes I did now :-)

Before I have heard about message bus. I think thats gone and replaced with control-bus. I Will give it a go and see how it works.

Thanks

Comment

I have been trying to use control-bus. But end up with problems with the expression string to start with. I am trying to see if i could call a method in one of my classes, which will act as an admin job class.

An inbound file adapter polling a command folder to receive a command expression and process it (sysout at the moment).

Details attached with the error as well.

Comment

Can you try just the following in your file? (removing the #{..} wrapper):
              Code:
              @AdminJobBean.start()

Comment

Working...
              X