X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring TaskExecutor / Scheduler / Quartz

I am working on a Spring 3.0 MVC application. I have a page where users will provide SQL Query & Connection details and I am supposed to execute queries and store the result in central database . This whole process is supposed to run as a background process. I am supposed to Stop this process whenever user wants to stop it.

I have got the code in place for executing queries and storing result. However I am not quite sure how to make this run as a background process using Spring Scheduler. This is going to be a SimpleTrigger and we might go for CronTrigger in future. I am thinking to use @Async or @Schedule but not very sure if it will serve the purpose. Since I have to pass SQL Query and Connection detail as parameter to executor class, I am not sure how will it work with Quartz Scheduler.

Can you please suggest me which is the best approach for this solution? I am not having enough knowledge of Spring features. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by kp.tachyon; Dec 18th, 2010, 07:54 AM. Reason: Adding a few lines
Working...
X