Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about deploying components

Mark, et al,
    Can you help me understand how to approach deploying applications based on Spring Integration.

Specifically, we are interested in building a messaging-based integration framework built on top of SI. We have components that would act as service activators with a series of channel adapters, routers, translators, etc built around the service activators. We would ideally like to deploy the service activators (and possibly some of their specific routers/translators) separately within the app server but we still want the SI channels to be available to them.

In the application samples you've provided, it seems all of the endpoints, all of the channels, all of the service activators seem to be co-located in one maven project, and theoretically would be deployed as a single deployment on an appserver (in a single class loader).

Are there examples of breaking up the components as separate deployments, or if not, how would one go about doing that? Let me know if I need to explain something more clearly.

Thanks,
    Christian

Thread Bump...

Does anyone deploy Spring Integration based solutions, i.e., in production in environments?

Does anyone have comments regarding any best practices for modularizing the deployments?

Comment

We are discussing the concept of the Global Channel Registry for 2.1 release which essentially would become a registry of channels that would allow you to communicate between Application Contexts (within the same JVM and beyond its boundaries).
      However even right now it could be easily accomplished at least within a single JVM by utilizing Application Context hierarchy provided natively by spring.
      For example if you configure your channels inside of parent application context and service-activators indies of chile application contexts then you can easily accomplish cross-application context communication. For more information about parent/child AC read Joris's blog http://blog.springsource.com/2007/06...g-application/

Also, if you are using OSGi based environments then you can export channels as OSGi services.

Comment

Oleg,

I tried out the application context hierarchy you mentioned and linked to. That solution seems to work for only components deployed in a single ear and with the parent being in a jar at the top of the hierarchy.

Is there an existing solution for SI integrations between EAR deployments?

Thanks in advance,
        Christian

Comment

Working...
        X