Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Default errorChannel a DirectChannel instead of PublishSubscribeChannel? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default errorChannel a DirectChannel instead of PublishSubscribeChannel?

Hi,

I'm trying to have multiple places handle internal errors in the application. The error-handling reference mentions that the default errorChannel should be a PublishSubscribeChannel. However in 2.0.0RC2 it appears that the default is a DirectChannel.

Assuming what I see is correct, is this a mistake in the documentation or a bug in the default context?

- Andrew

It is pub-sub channel. I would also suggest to move to 2.0.0.RELEASE, a GA version that was released 2 days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by oleg.zhurakousky View Post
      It is pub-sub channel. I would also suggest to move to 2.0.0.RELEASE, a GA version that was released 2 days ago.
      Hi Oleg,

Thanks for the prompt response. After looking more closely I can indeed see during application startup that the DefaultConfiguringBeanFactoryPostProcessor creates the default pub-sub errorChannel.

However during unit tests (using SpringJUnit4ClassRunner) for some reason autowiring yields a DirectChannel, and I don't see any logging about a default pub-sub channel being created. Neither the unit test nor the application context explicitly define a bean named errorChannel, so I'd expect the default pub-sub to be the same in both cases.

I don't yet understand why the context for our unit tests end up different to the context for the application, but this is something I hope to look into tomorrow.

- Andrew
      PS. As suggested we've upgraded to the RELEASE version.

Comment

Working...
      X