X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very basic question

I am new to spring integration. I was reading reference manual, and was looking into examples. I was wondering-

1) How do I find possible components. I see inbound-gateway, and i see tcp-inbound-gateway, and i also see tcp-inbound-channel-adapter. I have some idea what are the differences between adapter and gateway though. These are just example, I am looking for a doc, or pattern that will tell me where to look when I need something. Javadoc does not say anything else except java part of the component, I mean not about the configuration of each component.

2) How can I know different configuration properties and their possible values of SI components (channel, connections, gateways, endpoints, etc). Ex.

HTML Code:
    <ip:tcp-connection-factory id="client"
    		type="client"
    		host="localhost"
    		port="11111"
    		single-use="true"
    		so-timeout="10000"
            />
    How do I know what are other properties of tcp-connection-factory, and possible values for each property. And which are mandatory and which are not. And what are default values.

3) There are several ways to do same thing in SI, where can I find best practices?

Thanks,

Jahid

Probably the best place to start is the Reference Manual:
    http://static.springsource.org/sprin...ce/htmlsingle/

(that's for the latest development version: 2.0.0.RC1)

Comment

Also, to get info about the individual attributes of each namespace element you can also read the schema file, but I would suggest using SpringSource Tool Suite (Eclipse based development environment for Spring apps) which reads schema files and displays you what is available with a javadoc-like comment as you type. See attached image:

Comment

Thanks for the help guys! Will follow.

Comment

Working...
        X