X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with <poller> dying in production 1.0.4.RELEASE

I am seeing a problem in a production system running Spring 3.0.2.RELEASE with Spring Integration 1.0.4.RELEASE on Weblogic 9.2.3. It seems like the queue channel continues to receive messages from the external source, but the poller, which is set to run every 10 seconds, stops getting called. Here are a few portions of our spring configuration:

Code:
    <bean id="taskExecutor" class="org.springframework.scheduling.concurrent.ThreadPoolTaskExecutor">
          <property name="corePoolSize" value="5" />
          <property name="maxPoolSize" value="10" />
          <property name="queueCapacity" value="25" />
        </bean>  

<bean id="taskScheduler" class="org.springframework.integration.scheduling.SimpleTaskScheduler">
            <constructor-arg ref="taskExecutor"/>
        </bean>

<si:channel id="inboundMessageChannel">
            <si:queue />
        </si:channel>
    Any help would be appreciated. If more information is necessary let me know and I will try to provide it.

With those executor settings, it's possible that tasks are being rejected (the queue and the pool are both bounded). Are you seeing rejected tasks (triggered by the default AbortPolicy on the ThreadPoolExeuctor) arriving at the errorChannel/logs?

Comment

The system has other issues, one of which seems to be losing database connections which could actually be the root cause. Unfortunately, fixing that is out of my control. To make the taskExecutor more resilient to these types of failures, I need to remove the capacity limitations?

Comment

Working...
      X