Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Integration + Integration-Graph in STS 2.3.2

Dear Members

After to install springsource-tool-suite-2.3.2.RELEASE-e3.5.2-win32-installer.exe
    I create a new Spring Project
    within src folder I create a Spring Bean Configuration File and while its creation I include the Beans Namespaces 3.0 (See Figure 01)

After I choice the tabpage Namespaces and I add the int(integration) namespace 2.0 (See Figure 02)

The problem is, the Integration-Graph tabpage not appear, therefore I cant use the Graphical Editor, only appear the integration tabpage

What is missing?

Thanks in advanced

Prior to 2.3.3, enabling the 'integration-graph' tab required a flag in the .ini file. However, I would recommend installing STS 2.5. GA has just been released today. The integration-graph is enabled out-of-the-box in that version.

Comment

Hello Mark

Thanks for the reply

Prior to 2.3.3, enabling the 'integration-graph' tab required a flag in the .ini file
      Exists a link with more details about this?, for example when I downloaded the 2.3.2 in which place I should find a special advice about this.?

However, I would recommend installing STS 2.5. GA has just been released today. The integration-graph is enabled out-of-the-box in that version.
      Thank you, It will be done

I am in SpringSource Tool Suite Download and I can see the 2.5.0 series, but exists a link (I cant find it in the same) to download the old releases?

Thanks in advanced

Comment

Hi, how do you save the integration-graph as an image (JPEG)? I can only see the xml form of the file and I want to have an image for that. Thanks!

Comment

Unfortunately this functionality is not available from STS.
          I filed a JIRA issues so you can track https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-1325
          Meanwhile you can use print screen

Comment

One more question: Most of my spring config files are pretty huge, with a lot of routers, channel, transformers, activators etc.
            As a result, it hangs the eclipse everytime I try to edit any one using spring editor. This forces me to open them in xml editor, which defeats the purpose.
            Smaller config files are fine.
            Has this been identifed by someone? If not, I think this is an important fix to be done.
            I m still on the version prior to STS 2.5 and I installed STS plugin on top of Eclipse 3.5

Comment

If you have a moment, could you download the full 2.5.0.RELEASE, and try opening the same config files with that? I have not noticed any delay within 2.5 (RC1 or RELEASE), but if you still see delays, then it would be good to know.

Thanks,
              Mark

Comment

Hello Mark
                The issue still exists with STS 2.5.0 RELEASE. The only plugin I installed on top of STS was perforce plugin, which I believe shouldn't be the problem.

Comment

Is there any way you could provide a sanitized version of the config file you are using? I guess that's probably a big challenge, so maybe just an idea of the size (# of components, etc). If we can reproduce the delay, then we could open an issue for the STS team.

Comment

Hi Mark
                    Please refer attached file
                    I have around 30 such config files in my application.

Comment

Hmm

I just opened up your file with no issue other then the GUI formatting, which you can fix by disabling "Automatic Layout" - its the button on the menu bar that looks like a 9 squares 3x3.
                      But i will say that your file is rather large.
                      What I would suggest is:
                      1. Keep your <bean> (other then inner) in a separate file and use <import> to include them in the config
                      2. Try to look at your message flow as a set of functional segments (if possible) and split the flow xml in several files

Comment

Hi Oleg
                        Thanks for the confirmation.

From the design perspective, these points make sense, however the business case here is of high criticality and a high value payment system, so we like to maintain all the configs for a particularly use case flow in one place, and thats why we have 30 such files. Moving beans outside at this point will probably make things slightly unmanagable in my view.

Given that, did you try to edit the file? What I read is, it loaded fine but you probably didn't try to modify or add, say, a new bean or channel.

I have tried this in 2 different Eclipse versions, and with different STS plugins in the past couple of months, and today on STS 2.5.0 RELEASE as well, so I really think there is some issue out there (unless there are some additional settings in your workspace, like min-max memory etc, which I am not aware of)

Comment

Hello all. Great to see folks using the graphical editor. My replies to some of the comments follow:

@dr_pompeii: To use the Spring Integration graph, I would highly recommend going to STS 2.5. The reason you don't see the graph in STS 2.3.2, and why there's no documentation for the STS.ini flag, is because the graph in that build was a work in progress.

@racumin: The Integration graph does support printing & exporting. To print the graph you must be on the integration-graph tab. If you try to print from any other tab of the editor, you will print the XML instead. Saving the graph as an image works the same way, but you need to select the "Export..." command from the File menu. We support exporting to JPEG, PNG, and BMP

@GPS: I've just tried to edit your sample.xml file and you're right, it does take a long time make edits (though I do make it pass the pinwheeling). I haven't worked with a file as large as the one you posted, so I'll see what I can do about optimizing the editor.

Comment

Thanks Leo!

Comment

Hello GPS

I believe I've identified the primary cause of the performance issues you're seeing, and corrected it. We're planning on releasing STS 2.5.1 in the next couple of weeks, but if you need access to a nightly build let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X