Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Integration Aggregator Issues

Hi,

I've been using the spring integration for building a logging system.

I have a jms-outbound-channel-adapter which takes a message converter and converts a domain object to a MapMessage compatible with ActiveMQ.

This works fine and has been fully tested with spring-integration-core at 2.0.0m7 and spring-integration-jms at 2.0.0m7

I have introduced an aggregator but this required me to change to 1.0.3 because when using 2.0.0m7 I get an issue

The import org.springframework.integration.annotation.Complet ionStrategy cannot be resolved

My aggregator

Code:
    <int:aggregator id="activityLoggingAggregator" 
    	input-channel="aggregationChannel"
    	output-channel="jmsSenderChannel"
    	discard-channel="consoleAdapterChannel"
    	ref="aggregatorBean"
        method="aggregateMessages" 
    	completion-strategy="aggregatorBean"  
        completion-strategy-method="checkCompleteness"     
        correlation-strategy="aggregatorBean" 
        correlation-strategy-method="groupActivityLogsByDecisionId" 
        timeout="50000"  
        send-partial-result-on-timeout="true" 
        reaper-interval="135" 
        tracked-correlation-id-capacity="99" 
        send-timeout="500000" 
       	auto-startup="true"/>
    Now when trying to use spring-integration-jms 2.0.0m7 with core 1.0.3 I get an invalid xsd is being used, switching this to 1.0.3 as well resolves this issue but now my message converter is not being called and my domain objects are going directly to active MQ. Droping a jar into active mq lib does solve the issue though but therefore I am coupling my installation of activeMQ to my domain classes which is not what I want to do.

Summary:

Is there a way to get the message converter to work on release 1.0.3 or is it just worth waiting for the 2.0.0 FINAL build which is coming?

Is there a way to get the completion strategy working on 2.0.0m7

Originally posted by DeliveryNinja View Post
    Is there a way to get the message converter to work on release 1.0.3 or is it just worth waiting for the 2.0.0 FINAL build which is coming?
    Should work in both 2.0 and 1.0. You have to choose which version you are going to use and compile against it, and then stick to it. Don't try and mix jars from different versions of Spring Integration.

Is there a way to get the completion strategy working on 2.0.0m7
    It should work fine, but it's not backwards compatible with 1.0 (either in Java or in the XSD). Look at the XSD and/or the user guide for the current feature set. Same rule applies as above for compilation and mixing versions (don't try it).

Comment

DeliveryNinja,

It could be that you've been caught off guard by the rename of CompletionStrategy to ReleaseStrategy. Other than that aggregator should work fine with M7 (actually a lot better than with 1.0.3) and I'd really like to see the bug report if it doesn't.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll put a fix in shortly because I wasn't aware that it had been renamed. I guess that's the pit falls of following the 1.0.3 documentation. If there are any other issues I'll report back. Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
        X