Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Endpoint listeners - runtime (autostart=false)

Hi all,

Well that subject line doesn't explain everything :-)

All, I was looking for is to see the possibility to intercept a running spring integration application from outside (another java client) to stop a particular listening end point i.e jms inbound adapter to stop processing message for sometime. If I have an inbound or outbound jms adapters running with autostart="true" (as default) and wanted to stop them with out stopping the application.

This is a requirement for us currently and investigating the possibilites. My line of thinking was to have an admin channel for this kind of jobs and will be accessed outside and drop a command message - STOP ENDPOINT1. And then the channel listener will handle the command accordingly (programmatically).

Help and advice !

arun

Check out jmx for this. It works quite well in most cases.

Comment

<int-jmx:mbean-exporter

after adding
      Code:
      <context:mbean-server id="jmx.server" />
      <context:mbean-export server="jmx.server"/>
      <int-jmx:mbean-exporter id="int.jmx.exporter" mbean-server="jmx.server"/>
      any help on this exception ?
      spring 3.0.3.RELEASE
      integration 2.0.0.M7

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Found ambiguous parameter type [interface java.util.List] for method match: [public void org.springframework.integration.monitor.SimpleMess ageHandlerMonitor.handleMessage(org.springframewor k.integration.Message) throws org.springframework.integration.MessageRejectedExc eption,org.springframework.integration.MessageHand lingException,org.springframework.integration.Mess ageDeliveryException, public void org.springframework.integration.monitor.SimpleMess ageHandlerMonitor.setSource(java.lang.String), public double org.springframework.integration.monitor.SimpleMess ageHandlerMonitor.getStandardDeviationDuration()]
      org.springframework.util.Assert.isNull(Assert.java :89)
      org.springframework.integration.util.MessagingMeth odInvokerHelper.findHandlerMethodsForTarget(Messag ingMethodInvokerHelper.java:323)

Comment

If you can distill that into a small test project, I'd like to see a bug report for that. I think you might be onto something.

Comment

int-jmx : Found ambiguous parameter type for RouterFactoryBean

https://jira.springsource.org/browse/INT-1537

Comment

Thank you for reporting the issue. We need to add logic for filtering out the monitor methods in the MethodFilter that we register for SpEL's MethodResolver.

Comment

Working...
            X