X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP Outbound channel adapter - Exception handling

I am able to successfully use FTP outbound channel adapter. Now I would like to handle exceptional situations as ftp site not available etc. As part of that process, I shut down FTP server. As expected, a MessageDeliveryException is thrown. However, that exception is not automatically routing to errorChannel but, cascading up the call stack. I want to catch that exception and mark my batch as 'error' in my database rather than the application error out. How do I do this (I was successfully handle a situation similar to this using http outbound gateway as the MessageHandlingException was automatically delivered to the errorChannel)?

If you want errors to go to the errorChannel you need to do asynchronous hand-off somewhere up the chain.

Comment

Thank you. Thats what I figured. I am going to make some changes to my app to make it asynchronous rather than synchronous.

Comment

Bobby,

Do you mind sharing your FTP Adapter configuration file? am currently implementing one and would be great to use a reference.

Thanks
        arun

Comment

Working...
        X