X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCP/UDP Adapters/Gateways - Changes

For those that have been exploring the UDP and TCP adapters in early milestones, we thank you for your input and feedback.

As a result of that feedback, we have significantly restructured the code in the TCP area - specifically, the connection management has been externalized into connection factories. This provides much more flexibility in that the gateways can now support multiple concurrent request/responses (when a connection factory is configured for single-use connections) and it enables inbound and outbound adapters to share a connection factory, which enables arbitrary two-way asynchronous communication between clients and servers (although correlation, if any, will have to be handled by the application).

There is also a mechanism to support interceptors on TCP connections (more about this later).

We realize this will cause some inconvenience for early adopters, in that some reconfiguration will be required, and custom readers/writers will need to be migrated to input/output converters. However, this is relatively straightforward; let me know if you need any assistance. We hope that the added flexibility will mitigate some of the pain.

While most of the changes are in the TCP area, there are some necessary changes in the UDP area too, mostly in that the namespace elements are now prefixed by 'udp-',

This will only immediately affect those using nightly builds but it will certainly affect anyone that picks up the next release (RC1).

Please feel free to post here if you have any issues with the new code and I will do my best to assist in a timely manner.
Working...
X