X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection timeout using ftp adapter

Does anyone get the following errors when trying to use the FTPAdapter ?

Code:
    May 19, 2010 10:57:16 PM org.springframework.integration.handler.LoggingHandler handleMessageInternal
    SEVERE: org.springframework.integration.core.MessagingException: Problem occurred while synchronizing remote to local directory
    	at org.springframework.integration.ftp.FtpInboundSynchronizer.synchronize(FtpInboundSynchronizer.java:133)
    	at org.springframework.integration.ftp.FtpInboundSynchronizer.access$0(FtpInboundSynchronizer.java:103)
    	at org.springframework.integration.ftp.FtpInboundSynchronizer$SynchronizeTask.run(FtpInboundSynchronizer.java:99)
    	at org.springframework.scheduling.support.DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.run(DelegatingErrorHandlingRunnable.java:51)
    	at org.springframework.scheduling.concurrent.ReschedulingRunnable.run(ReschedulingRunnable.java:81)
    	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
    	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
    	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:207)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
    Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out
    	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
    	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
    	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
    	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
    	at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:432)
    	at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:525)
    	at org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient.connect(SocketClient.java:162)
    	at org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient.connect(SocketClient.java:183)
    	at org.springframework.integration.ftp.DefaultFTPClientFactory.getClient(DefaultFTPClientFactory.java:104)
    	at org.springframework.integration.ftp.QueuedFTPClientPool.getClient(QueuedFTPClientPool.java:74)
    	at org.springframework.integration.ftp.FtpInboundSynchronizer.synchronize(FtpInboundSynchronizer.java:105)
    	... 12 more

I'd say that many people will get this exception, but they will just have some network issue and resolve that. The fact that you are surprised by it makes me think that you have checked that the connection is ok from another program?

Comment

indeed, ftp endpoint was not working at least in my case i received no message and no exception either,
      so i had to check the code itself and i merely copied the connection code
      and i switched
      Code:
      client.enterLocalPassiveMode();
      after
      Code:
      client.login(username, password)
      simple test with apache config :
      Code:
      <ftp:server id="ftp-server">
      		<ftp:listeners>
      			<ftp:nio-listener name="default" port="2121"/>
      		</ftp:listeners>
      		<ftp:file-user-manager url="classpath:ftp-users.properties" encrypt-passwords="clear" />
      		<ftp:native-filesystem case-insensitive="true" create-home="true"/>
      	</ftp:server>

Comment

Working...
      X