Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mail:header-enricher broken?

Hi,

Seems that the mail:header-enricher is broken in 2.0.M2?

This works

Code:
    <header-enricher input-channel="mailOutputChannel" output-channel="enrichedMailOutputChannel" overwrite="true">
    <header name="$mail_from" value="[email protected]" />
    </header-enricher>
    this does not however:
    Code:
    <mail:header-enricher input-channel="mailOutputChannel" output-channel="enrichedMailOutputChannel" overwrite="true" from="[email protected]" />

In 2.0, we are dropping the use of top-level attributes for headers. The rationale is that those values do not stand out in any way from the actual "input-channel", "output-channel", etc. that are used to configure the actual endpoint.

You should be able to use the following instead:
    Code:
    <mail:header-enricher input-channel="mailOutputChannel" output-channel="enrichedMailOutputChannel">
        <mail:from value="[email protected]" />
    </mail:header-enricher>
    One thing that is still in-progress is the moving of the "overwrite" attribute to the individual header sub-elements rather than a single top-level attribute. That will allow more control, but perhaps we should keep a default-overwrite at top-level as well. I noticed that you are setting that value to true, so that might be an issue for you at the moment. Are you expecting messages that have arrived from an inbound mail adapter in this flow?

Comment

Thank you for replying.

No, I am not expecting any inbound messages in this flow, but I am currently using overwrite="true" to overwrite mail-header values with values from the profile that is run.

Comment

I have added this issue with a target of M3:
        http://jira.springframework.org/browse/INT-1011

Please let me know if that seems sufficient. M3 should be available within then next 10 days. I am going to try to resolve this particular issue today.

Thanks,
        Mark

Comment

Yes, I think that it would be sufficient.

Great to hear that M3 will be available soon!

Comment

Working...
          X