X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ws - poller

Is there any way to poll a web service (WS).

There is a WS that i need to poll it would send me back information about the last changes in the information. is there any way to do an inbound-channel-adapter using the ws namespace, or just add a poller to the ws.

I'm using integration 1.0 but can migrate to 2.0 with no major isssues.

Ok, that is the only solution that works, well at least the only one that I can think about. I adapt the WS sample to a poller.

Any suggestion or comments will be welcome.

Code:
    	<inbound-channel-adapter  ref="outputMessage"  method="messageBuilder"  channel="messageRequestBuilderChannel" >
        	<poller max-messages-per-poll="1" >
             	<interval-trigger interval="10000"  />
         	</poller>
      	</inbound-channel-adapter>

<channel id="messageRequestBuilderChannel"/>

<bridge input-channel="messageRequestBuilderChannel" output-channel="webServiceInvokerChannel"/>

<chain id="chainb" input-channel="webServiceInvokerChannel" output-channel="celsiusChannel" auto-startup="true">
    		<header-enricher>
    			<header name="springintegration_ws_soapAction" value="http://tempuri.org/FahrenheitToCelsius"/>
    		</header-enricher>
    		<int-ws:outbound-gateway uri="http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/tempconvert.asmx" ignore-empty-responses="false" />
    	</chain>

Comment

That's about right, you'll have to send a message to a ws in order to get a response.

We could of course allow a short hand for this in the namespace, for example if you have a fixed message you would send every time:

Code:
      <ws:outbound-gateway: .... input-file="fixed-request.xml" >
         <poller>
      If you like that idea, you should create an issue for it.

Other than that you could simplify your configuration a bit (I don't think you need the header enricher, chain and bridge) but it will amount to the same fundamental strategy.

Comment

Working...
      X