• Show
Clear All

• Cant use EL for Id's ?

Are we not allowed to use something like
    <int:channel id="#{config.FilterChannel}"/>

It would be nice to do

Thanks
    Srinivas

The id attribute is currently as XSD:ID type (which ensures uniqueness at the XSD validation level within a single XML file). That means it can only accept a limited set of characters.

Comment

My thought was to use a constant both in the xml and the code where we are going to use channelResolver to manually put a message on to this one.
      Is there a better to refer this channel and send messages instead of using the name in two places.

Thanks

Comment

Can you describe why you need to use a ChannelResolver at runtime instead of relying on dependency injection?

Comment

Main integration has an inbound jms adapater pulling messages from queue and passing them on to a filter for further processing. ( tranformation, splitter... file outbound e.t.c.)
          The other process which runs doesnt need to go through the queue and should be able to send messages to the filter by reading a database.

The JMS queues allows other applications to send data to the integration and then integration will take over.
          The second process as it runs in the same environment as the integration, doesnt need a queue and can directly send to the filter channel.
          So in this case we want to send messages using channelResolver. Makes sense?

Comment

Maybe you could use a "gateway" element so that you are able to send Messages by invoking a method on an interface. That way the channel name would only exist in the configuration.

Comment

Is there an example somewhere?

All i can think of is JMS or file based gateway's. not something which can be simple to take a request channel and relay it to a response channel

Thanks

Comment

Ok found a way, wired in a SimpleMessagingGateway. But do let me know if there are any examples

Thanks

Comment

This is what I was talking about: http://static.springsource.org/sprin...#gateway-proxy

With the proxy, your code would only need to depend on an interface.

Comment

Great ...

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X