X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inbound File Adapter with @MessageEndpoint

I have an endpoint wired up using the annotations to my inbound file adapter. The problem that I'm having is that if there are files in the directory that match the filter when I startup my server, the adapter puts them on the channel before my @MessageEndpoint is attached to the channel and I get the exception:

Code:
    MessageDeliveryException: Dispatcher has no subscribers
    At that point, the processing gets rolled back and the file will never be reprocessed unless I bounce the server (and move the file out of the way first).

BTW, it appears that this is a timing problem with the startup. Sometimes when I have files in the directory that is being monitored, everything starts up fine. Othertimes it looks like the inbound file adapter starts processing files before the endpoint is attached and I get the exception?

Comment

This looks like a bug. Could you create an issue for it and attach a sample? (If you don't have time for the sample I can do it myself, it will just take longer)

Comment

Originally posted by iwein View Post
        This looks like a bug. Could you create an issue for it and attach a sample? (If you don't have time for the sample I can do it myself, it will just take longer)
        So, I created a sample app that just has an inbound file adapter and a simple endpoint but I can't reproduce this problem with the simple app because there is almost nothing in the spring configuration.

Even if I set the poll interval to 10ms it doesn't happen.

My real app is a fairly complex ESB app that has hundreds of beans and quite a bit of bean postprocessing as well as a dozen channels, jms and file inbound adapters, etc, etc.

I'm still convinced that it's a timing issue during bean postprocessing (adapter and poller are started before the @ServiceActivator is attached to the channel).

If I can figure out a way to reproduce I'll repost...

Comment

Working...
        X