X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply-channel error handling

I am looking to see what are the possibilities using Spring Integration to handle the following scenario:

A web service receives a request which it processes. After processing, an attempt is made to send the response back to the client but, it fails because the client is no longer there. i.e. sending the response on the reply-channel fails.

In this scenario, I would like to route the response to another channel (e.g. a configured error-channel).

What is the best way to handle such a scenario using Spring Integration? Is there any example code showing reply-channel error handling anywhere? All the examples I see show handling errors that occur during the request processing stage only...

Cheers,
    PM

Hi,

I am still looking to see whether it is possible to handle this thread's scenario using Spring Integration? Does anyone have any views or experience in tackling such a scenario?

For my tests, I wrote a simple EIP flow with an <int-ws:inbound-gateway> Web Service at the beginning of the flow but, I can find no way to redirect a response to another channel in cases where the client is no longer connected. Is this actually possible?

Thanks again for any help on this.
    PM.

Comment

I am not aware of any way to do that.

1. The write is done outside of the Spring Integration domain (in the Spring WS library that invokes the inbound adapter)
      2. I just tested in a debugger and the JVM saaj stuff does not even treat it as an exception if the client is no longer connected.

Comment

Working...
      X