Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP Adapter

Hi All,

I just browsing through the code and i might be wrong but please correct me if i am wrong. Just wondering if FTP adapter be able to have following features:
    * consume feature -- the adapter be able to act as read and remove from the server side if consume flag is turn on.
    * filter ftpFile feature -- the adapter be able to filter a certain file according to the filter provided before it downloads the files.

This is just problems that I would normally face in ftp apache common while trying to accomplish the business requirements. If FTP Adapter already does it, could you please give me some direction? if it doesn't, i think it would be nice that Adapter could do the following simple actions.

That's just my 2 cents ideas...

Cheers,

-T

The ftp adapters aren't very rich in features and they probably never will be. If you have advanced ftp requirements, consider using a dedicated ftp solution like lftp and a <file:inbound-channel-adapter/>. Of course you can fork the ftp adapters and make a java based implementation, but you will find it is quite time consuming to get everything right.

Comment

hi iwein, just wanted to pick your brain if I may. I have a requirement to send multiple files at once, is this easily achievable? Any ideas very welcome. Currently the ftp consumer only does one file at a time. What you think, could I easily change it to a List of Files and just loop in the ftp consumer?

Comment

Working...
      X