X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote File Outbound Gateway Support

Is there any support (or any plan to add any) for outbound file gateways that would allow you to write to an FTP or SCP target?

Working with legacy partners, they frequently dont have WS or JMS support; they expect file pushes over SCP/SFTP/FTP.

In the past I've implemented this using commons-vfs when I wasn't using SI. It would be nice if this was supported out of the box.

If I can contribute an implementation I'd be happy to if you let me know how you would want it to lay down and if you are ok with the commons-vfs dependency.

Thanks!

Charles

Charles,

Have a look at the FTP adapters over here: http://www.springsource.org/extensions/se-sia

I'd like to know if you have any suggestions. It seems that we might want to move these back to the "main" project at some point due to the high demand.

Thanks,
    Mark

Comment

That's a good start but SFTP and SCP are really more like SSH than FTP since they require SSL and optionally the use of certificates instead of credentials.

However, that looks like the appropriate place to put this support.

Comment

Right. We've had a few people mention that they would like to contribute SFTP support to that... but it sometimes gets quiet after the initial offer

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Fisher View Post
          Right. We've had a few people mention that they would like to contribute SFTP support to that... but it sometimes gets quiet after the initial offer
          LOL, do you have instructions for how I can contribute? I can pull the source down anonymously from svn. What then?

I can use Iwein's FTP example to implement the SFTP adapter using the FTPS client from commons-net since that is the library you are already using.

Comment

I'd suggest to just put your implementation up on github. I'm very seriously considering letting the Spring Extensions project die of natural causes. Experiments are much more convenient in github and this avoids the whole licensing/copyright muck before it becomes relevant.

If you have something for me or the other people on this forum to look at sharing it via github is also easier. If you need a starting point in the form of a gradle or maven project check out my github sandbox: http://github.com/iwein/Spring-Integration-Sandbox.

Comment

Working...
            X