X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logging-channel-adapter

Back in spring integration1.2 I don't believe there was the wire-tap capability so I wrote my own echo interceptor.
    Since then, I've upgraded to spring integration1.3 and am trying to replace my home grown echo interceptor with the wire-tap capability.

My question is, "Where does the logging go?

The example in the documentation is:
    <channel id="in">
    <interceptors>
    <wire-tap channel="logger"/>
    </interceptors>
    </channel>

<logging-channel-adapter id="logger" level="DEBUG"/>

A side question is, how to a go from the logging-channel-adapter element to source code so I can try to figure these thngs out myself. ie which java file implements the functionality of the logging-channel-adapter element?

thanks

Keith

First, the logging is just using Commons Logging, so for example, if you are using Log4J, then the log output would be at DEBUG level and handled according to the configuration of your various loggers (in log4j.xml or log4j.properties).

As far as the source code, the particular class in question here would be 'LoggingHandler' (in the org.springframework.integration.handler package).

It's always a bit tricky with namespace support and the abstraction layers, but we've tried to be consistent with naming. So, for example, to track this down you could go to LoggingChannelAdapterParser and then see that it is creating an instance of LoggingHandler.

Hope that helps.
    -Mark

Comment

Working...
    X