X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMS Outbound Channel Adapter with message expiration

Hi, I am using Spring Integration 1.0 and ActiveMQ 5.2.

I need to send message with expiration, google show me this where the producer shall set the time to live:
    http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-...xpiration.html

When I try with Spring Integration JMS outbound channel adapter, I cant find a properties to set the time to live. May I know where shall I set it?

Thank you.

I have the same problem here.

Comment

It seems that we need to add this to JmsHeaders. Is that what you are suggesting? If so, please raise an issue in JIRA.

Thanks,
      Mark

Comment

https://jira.springsource.org/browse/INT-890

Comment

Thanks for adding the issue. Basically, we need to do the following:

1) Add support for several attributes that are normally configured directly on JmsTemplate so that they can be added to the adapter element instead.
          2) Allow a "jmsTemplate" reference along with an explicit "destination" (or name) on the adapter element.
          3) Consider any of these values that should also be available via JmsHeaders on a per-Message basis.

I would like to get some feedback on #3 above.... in terms of actual use-cases where adapter-level settings are not fine-grained enough.

Comment

Can timetolive be set with MessageBuilder?

I see this thread talks about a fix in the jms outbound adapter bean XML configuration. But is it possible to set the Time to live with the MessageBuilder? I've tried to use MessageBuilder.setExpirationDate(currentTimeInMill is + 100) only it seems that ActiveMQ broker still happily delivers the message.
            And I am not sure if it should work, if it is some ActiveMQ setting issue or what.
            Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X