<source>Vendor #1</source>
      <objects>
        <object>object 1</object>
        <object>object 2</object>
        <object>object 3</object>
        <object>object 4</object>
      </objects>
    </root>
    I have my spring-integration set up such that the incoming XML is split (using XPathSplitter) and then each <object> node is processed by a Transformer.

What I need to be able to do is keep track of which <source> the <object> came from when I am transforming it, but that information is currently lost by the time i get to the transformer.

My initial thought was to subclass the XPathSplitter and have it add a MessageHeader containing the <source> to each of the split messages, but I couldn't figure out where the Headers were actually set in that process.

Anyone have other ideas?

Thanks!

I think what you would want to do is add a Transformer prior to the Splitter. The Transformer could set the value in the header of the pre-split Message.

Feel free to open a JIRA issue. I think it would be worth adding an XPath-based "header-enricher" in the Spring Integration XML namespace.

Comment

Am i understanding you correctly that the Headers will propagate between steps.

i.e.

Original XML --> Transformer adds Header X --> Splitter --> each split message has a header X ?

[NOTE: I just tested this and it does appear to be the case... who knew? :-) ] thanks!
      Last edited by nhajratw; Oct 7th, 2009, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nhajratw View Post
        who knew?
        Well, we put it there on purpose

Comment

Working...
        X