Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting a poller by reference

Hi,

I would like to set a poller by reference in a chain instead of using a nested poller declaration. More, I don't want this poller to be the default one. My use case: I have a default application context with the poller default definition. I want to be able to change this poller by overriding it in a second application context loaded after the default one.

I don't find any straightforward mean to achieve this, I wonder if it's possible and in this case the best way to follow.

Vincent

I don't think there is namespace support for that, but it makes a lot of sense to me. Can you open an issue?

Comment

There is in fact a "ref" attribute available on an inner <poller/> element for this very purpose.

Comment

I work with SI v 1.0.3. For the chain element I can only specify a "poller" which is a "basePollerType", not a "innerPollerType". Thus I suppose I cannot use a ref attribute for a nested poller in a chain. Just to be sure, I tried to force a ref attribute in the nested poller element and it fails with the following trace:

nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'ref' is not allowed to appear in element 'poller'.

Comment

Could you please open a JIRA issue for this and point to this forum thread?

Thanks,
          Mark

Comment

Working...
          X