Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GatewayProxyFactoryBean

I'm using GatewayProxyFactoryBean with great success however i'm doing

Code:
    yammerMessageService = (YammerMessageService) context.getBean("yammerMessageService");
    Can these proxies be used with @AutoWired? I tried but with not much success. Maybe my config was wrong, just checking if it's possible and if any one has done it?

You should be able to use that with @Autowired since it is *just a bean*. Maybe you are having an issue with multiple beans implementing that same interface? Can you describe the errors that are preventing you from autowiring?

Comment

I just get a null pointer exception, the auto wiring isnt happening.

In my config i've switched on <context:annotation-config /> which I believe is reqiured for @autowired to work. But then havnt you got to switch on <context:component-scan /> too and that looks for beans annotated with @component, @service etc to auto wire? If I'm right then what is the base package of the proxy that get's created?

Comment

You don't need the 'component-scan' element unless you want the bean that you are *autowiring into* to be picked up automatically.

If you have a <bean/> element for the target (the one that has a setter expecting the gateway's interface) and the <gateway/> element, then <context:annotation-config/> should be sufficient.

Comment

Ahhh you've just given me a clue to my own stupidity! The class i'm wiring into isnt a Spring managed bean, it loads the context..........doh! Sorry for wasting your time! Still, it has solved my mystery

Comment

Working...
          X