X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Amin.

My only concern with adding headers even to a MailMessage payload would be the case where someone is sending to an outbound adapter from more than one source. One of the sources would be just simple Strings and the headers are needed, while the other source is fully configured MailMessages. In such a scenario, the header-enricher would be considered as "default" headers. However, I guess even in such a case, the flow should be configured in such a way that the header-enricher only applies to the non-MailMessage part of the chain if that is what's desired.

Feel free to raise the issue for the headers being applied to any payload type. If nothing else, we can generate some debate that way. If necessary, we could consider adding a boolean for 'applyHeadersToMailMessagePayload', but that is probably overkill. If others agree that the approach you expected is most intuitive, then we can go with that for 2.0.

Hopefully what you have now will be fine for your immediate needs?

Regards,
    Mark

Comment

Hi Mark

I'll raise a JIRA for headers to be applied to MailMessage payload. The stuff I have now works well so no complaints from me. I am really enjoying SI, cool stuff and simple to use.

Cheers
      Amin

Comment

I've raised JIRA http://jira.springsource.org/browse/INT-760

Cheers
        Amin

Comment

Thanks again. I set its target to 2.0-M1.

-Mark

Comment

I made this change on the trunk:
            https://fisheye.springsource.org/cha...ration?cs=2439

If you get a chance to try out your code with the next nightly snapshot, it would be great to confirm that it is working for you as expected.

Thanks,
            Mark

Comment

Hi Mark

I will verify this weekend.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X