X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Integration 1.0.3 source code- Build errors

I followed the following steps according to the readme.txt in build-spring-integration folder.

svn co src.springsource.org/svn/spring-integration/trunk.
    cd build-spring-integration
    ant jar test package

To run the code within Eclipse, do the following:

Import... > General > Existing Projects into Workspace
    Browse to the directory where you checked out the project
    Select each module that begins with "org.springframework.integration"
    Define a Classpath Variable named IVY_CACHE under "Preferences > Java > Build Path"
    Its value should be: <checkout-dir>/ivy-cache/repository

But there are missing jars in the IVY_CACHE, and I get 47 "Java Built Path Problems".

Can you please advise?

Sorry, the screenshot is unreadable at that resolution, so I'm not sure exactly what errors you have.

Did the ant task complete successfully?

If so, are you sure you set the IVY_CACHE classpath variable to the correct location?

Comment

The ant task does not complete successfully.

---------------------------------
      BUILD FAILED
      C:\projects\svn\spring-integration-103\spring-build\multi-bundle\artifact.xml:45: The following error occurred while executing this line:
      C:\projects\svn\spring-integration-103\spring-build\multi-bundle\common.xml:71: The following error occurred while executing this line:
      C:\projects\svn\spring-integration-103\spring-build\common\artifact.xml:40: impossible to publish artifacts for org.springframework.integration#org.springframewor k.integration;working@snicolakopoulos: java.io.IOException: file copy not done from C:\projects\svn\spring-integration-103\org.springframe
      work.integration\target\artifacts\org.springframew ork.integration.jar to C:\projects\svn\spring-integration-103\org.springframework.integration\..\integration-repo\org.springframework.integration\org.springfra mework.integration\1.0.3.RELEASE\org.springframewo rk.integration-1.0.3.RELEASE.jar: destina
      tion already exists and overwrite is false

Total time: 7 minutes 56 seconds
      ---------------------------------

But I don't think it has something to do with the Built Path errors I get.
      If I hadn't set the IVY_CACHE classpath variable to the correct location, I will had 134 Build Path errors. I only have 47.

Below is some jars that are not in the IVY_CACHE -and I don't know how to get them manually- and produce the errors.

Project 'org.springframework.integration.adapter' is missing required library: 'C:\projects\svn\spring-integration\ivy-cache\repository\org.junit\com.springsource.org.ju nit\4.4.0\com.springsource.org.junit-4.4.0.jar
      Project 'org.springframework.integration.event' is missing required library: 'C:\projects\svn\spring-integration\ivy-cache\repository\org.junit\com.springsource.org.ju nit\4.4.0\com.springsource.org.junit-4.4.0.jar'
      Project 'org.springframework.integration.file' is missing required library: 'C:\projects\svn\spring-integration\ivy-cache\repository\net.sourceforge.cglib\com.springs ource.net.sf.cglib\2.1.3\com.springsource.net.sf.c glib-2.1.3.jar'
      Project 'org.springframework.integration.file' is missing required library: 'C:\projects\svn\spring-integration\ivy-cache\repository\org.easymock\com.springsource.org .easymock.classextension\2.3.0\com.springsource.or g.easymock.classextension-2.3.0.jar'
      Project 'org.springframework.integration.file' is missing required library: 'C:\projects\svn\spring-integration\ivy-cache\repository\org.easymock\com.springsource.org .easymock\2.3.0\com.springsource.org.easymock-2.3.0.jar'
      Project 'org.springframework.integration.file' is missing required library: 'C:\projects\svn\spring-integration\ivy-cache\repository\org.junit\com.springsource.org.ju nit\4.4.0\com.springsource.org.junit-4.4.0.jar'
      Project 'org.springframework.integration.file' is missing required library: 'C:\projects\svn\spring-integration\ivy-cache\repository\org.mockito\com.springsource.org. mockito\1.6.0\com.springsource.org.mockito-1.6.0.jar'
      Project 'org.springframework.integration.file' is missing required library: 'C:\projects\svn\spring-integration\ivy-cache\repository\org.objenesis\com.springsource.or g.objenesis\1.0.0\com.springsource.org.objenesis-1.0.0.jar'
      Project 'org.springframework.integration.file' is missing required library: 'C:\projects\svn\spring-integration\ivy-cache\repository\org.springframework\org.springfra mework.test\2.5.6.A\org.springframework.test-2.5.6.A.jar'

Comment

Those JARs would have been in the Ivy repository if the ant task had succeeded. I've seen this file copy error before, and I'll look into it. For now, can you try just running each task separately?:
        Code:
        ant jar
        ant test
        ant package
        Thanks,
        Mark

Comment

I run each task separately, but the same errors appear again.

Comment

Sorry... I think you also should run 'ant clean-integration' beforehand to remove the JARs from the previous build.

Comment

You mean

ant clean-integration
              ant jar
              ant test
              ant package

?

Comment

Yes. That's right.

Comment

The same. Anyway, don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by rezebric View Post
                    The same. Anyway, don't mind.
                    I mind, it's important that you have an easy start.

In my .classpath there is a dependency on junit 4.6, not on 4.4, are you sure you checked out trunk and that your eclipse doesn't have a stale cache?

Could you try to delete all .classpath and .project files, update, refresh eclipse?

Comment

ah... I got a brillian idea just now. All the dependencies you're missing have test scope. If the build fails before test target, it's not that surprising.

Comment

Thank you very much for your interest. In fact this is the first time that I decided to contribute to an open source project, and since my main job responsibilities is EAI and SI is in an emerging project, I thought to give a try. So is indeed important. I just thought that you have so much in your mind and I didn't want to bother you with something that I maybe doing wrong.

I have checked out the tag spring-integration-1.0.3.RELEASE because I thought that the trunk would have code that is not stable yet.

I checked out the trunk and tried again. At first, following again the readme.txt in the build-spring-integration/resources directory, the jars didn't appear in the IVY_CACHE directory. But then I run 'ant clean-integration' beforehand and it worked.

Thank you very much again.

Comment

Originally posted by iwein View Post
                          ah... I got a brillian idea just now. All the dependencies you're missing have test scope. If the build fails before test target, it's not that surprising.
                          You are right about the test scope, but the build was failing at the test target, the jar target was successfull. Again all these happened at the spring-integration-1.0.3.RELEASE tag source code. The trunk works just fine.

Comment

Okay, now I understand. The problem was simply that the 1.0.3.RELEASE tag is no longer an "integration" project (work in progress). You can see the configuration in each root-level build.properties file (either 'release' or 'integration' type).

You are right that the trunk is not going to be as stable as the release (especially now since 'trunk' is dedicated to 2.0 development which is just beginning). However, if your goal is to experiment in order to contribute, then that's probably the best place to be

By the way, there is also now a 1.0.x branch created after 1.0.3:
                            https://src.springframework.org/svn/...ranches/1.0.x/

The build should work against that branch as well if you would like to try that and basically stay closer to what is in 1.0.3.

Hope that helps.
                            Regards,
                            Mark

Comment

I think I will stick with the trunk and I will not do another update until I'm ready.

I installed the samples according to the README file located in the "spring-integration-samples" directory. I open the WebServiceDemo.java and added some brreakpoints in order to step through the source code. But I couldn't because the source was not attached, although in each org.springframework.integration project there is a directory called target that contains both the binary and the source code jars.

Is it possible when you run the mvn install in the samples directory, to attach the source code too, or is there any other way that I can use to navigate through the source code from the examples?

I currently did it for the ws sample project manually. I edited the "source attachment" attribute of SI jars in the Maven dependencies list (Java Build Path -> Libraries).

I don't know if this is the right way but I believe that hopefully this is the last question in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X