• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reference Manual feedback please!

Spring Integration Community,

We have an open issue for Reference Manual typos to be fixed in 1.0.3:
    http://jira.springsource.org/browse/INT-676

Please feel free to add to that!... not only typos but also suggestions for any material that is unclear or lacking sufficient detail. The 1.0.3 release is planned for the end of next week, and we also have plenty of other issues, but we will try to address as much as possible based on comments added to that issue.

I will soon be posting another thread for 2.0 roadmap suggestions - as soon as JIRA is reorganized a bit to reflect our current plan.

Regards,
    Mark

"The no-argument send and receive methods block indefinitely. Note however, that calling the no-arg versions of send() and receive() will block indefinitely."

I think you have said the same thing twice. It may be that you have repeated yourself.

Comment

It would be great if the reference manual also concentrates on API based usage of spring integration . This would help in dynamic creation of channels and dynamic addition of adapters and their removal.

Comment

Need more javadoc like api information

I see the reference document,
        I see javadoc.

But where would I find a complete explanation of all the various tags on things like:

<rmi:inbound-gateway>
        <rmi:outbound-gateway>
        <jms:inbound-gateway>
        <jms:outbound-gateway>
        ...etc

what is 'expect-reply', what happens if I set it to true/false?
        what is 'remote-invocation-executor'..

If it wasn't for my IDE, I wouldn't even know these tags existed...
        etc etc...

Comment

some asyncronous tips

Hello , I would like to see better explaination of the route from using default directChannels to asychronous messaging.

The manual does tackle the config for each type of channel, but it would benefit from a larger section on tips/why/when etc.

Can you also help with tips for logging/debugging an async system. e.g. are there plugins/tools to show performance of the channels etc.

thanks
          Rob

Comment

any tips as well on how to use ApplicationEvent?

if springapp services could be managed via JMX?

regards
            marco

Comment

A pdf version would be good.

An overview of how spring integration compares with other intergration frameworks (or esbs) such as mule or servicemix would be useful.

Detailed documentation on the tags would be useful. If there are annotation versions of the tags, it would be best if the xml tags were documented by reference to the annotation classes as well as comments in an xsd.

James

Comment

In section 7.1 Router Implementations - HeaderValueRouter there is no information about the attribute ignore-channel-name-resolution-failures. The default-output-channel seems to be ignored as long as one doesn't set this attribute to true.

Comment

Demande Aide

Je suis débutant avec Spring Integration,

Je veux savoir comment faire pour pounoir communiquer deux programmes via Spring Integration.

Merci bien d avance.

Comment

Additional RMI Integration Information

I think the manual could use more detailed information on RMI integration. Specifically, exposing existing services using RMI and consuming an RMI service (i.e. hooking up to existing code.) I think I've finally figured out how to do this, but it took a fair bit of trial and error.

Also, the request-channel/remote-channel semantics for inbound and outbound gateways are a little confusing. It would be nice if they were clarified explicitly in the documentation.

Thanks!

Comment

IMHO the section "B.4 Error Handling" has to be much more detailed.

There are so many requests in the forum asking for a best practice on error handling or exception handling and it is still not clear to me whether I can redirect the result of "MessagingException.getFailedMessage()" to a different channel just by configuration.

I think this rather complex topic should get a separate chapter in the reference manual not only a spot in the appendix.

Thanks guys.

Cheers
                      Alex

Comment

More detailed explanation about concurrency features and auto generated proxy gateway

I'am trying to create a prototype with pollable consumers and channels.
                        The informations about concurreny is very scattered. I don't know exactly what happend when the channel is full, and i need more deatiled information about auto generated gateway.

Comment

Originally posted by aheusingfeld View Post
                          IMHO the section "B.4 Error Handling" has to be much more detailed.

There are so many requests in the forum asking for a best practice on error handling or exception handling and it is still not clear to me whether I can redirect the result of "MessagingException.getFailedMessage()" to a different channel just by configuration.

I think this rather complex topic should get a separate chapter in the reference manual not only a spot in the appendix.

Thanks guys.

Cheers
                          Alex
                          I too feel that exception handling is a topic that deserves attention. For new users this would not be easy to come up with the right approaches.

Comment

Section 4.3
                            consumer.setTrigger(new IntervalTrigger(30, TimeUnit.SECONDS));

I can't find IntervalTrigger. I assume this should be PeriodicTrigger?

Comment

It would be helpful if we have small Hello-World like programs as demos which makes use of all the concepts,
                              like different types of Channels, Transformer, Splitter, Handler, Chain etc.

Another thing is to expose the JUnit Testing framework
                              which is used to test the SI.

Comment

Working...
                              X