X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SI webservice demo

I am trying to run SI ws demo on my Spring IDE. I would like see all the dependency third party jars required to run this demo apart from SI jars. Any Ideas?

The root SVN directory for each Spring Integration module contains both a pom.xml and ivy.xml file. For example, for the samples:
    https://src.springframework.org/svn/...ation.samples/

As far as the dependencies are concerned, for *just* the WS demo, the only dependency is Spring-WS (and transitive dependencies). The SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository web app provides a nice way to view all dependencies:
    http://www.springsource.com/reposito...ng+integration

Hope that helps.

Comment

By the way, you will notice the only dependencies are Spring JARS, Commons Logging, Commons XML Schema, and javax (servlet, stax, and activation).

We have been very conscious of minimizing dependencies across all modules in Spring Integration.

Comment

I am getting this error:

Thanks Mark for your quick reply:

Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema namespace [http://www.springframework.org/schem...ration/stream]
        Offending resource: class path resource [temperatureConversion.xml]

I know I have seen a previous thread on this error.
        http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=66438
        Adding to XML Catalog does not fix it. I am really stuck here!

As I said before I am using SpringIDE.

Comment

Adding to the XML Catalog is only relevant for the tooling support (the XML editor in Eclipse). What you are seeing is a runtime error. It indicates that you do not have the JAR file on your classpath (the 'org.springframework.integration.stream' JAR in this case).

Comment

Different error now

I am sorry about that. I have all the dependencies downloaded just in case:

Now I started getting this error:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationExcepti on: Could not instantiate bean class [org.springframework.integration.ws.SimpleWebServic eOutboundGateway]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/soap/SOAPException
            at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateCla ss(BeanUtils.java:115)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleIn stantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiatio nStrategy.java:87)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Construc torResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolve r.java:248)
            ... 47 more
            Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/soap/SOAPException

Comment

went further

I had to include jboss-j2ee.jar, axis2-saaj.jar, axiom-dom etc.,

Ending up with this error:
              Caused by: org.w3c.dom.DOMException: HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR: An attempt was made to insert a node where it is not permitted.

I am really not sure if this SI WS example is really tested, if so probably need more info.

Comment

The WS demo runs fine with the JARs that we define in the pom.xml. I'm not sure why you are adding the jboss JARs, but I would recommend using Maven to get the JARs (or Ant with the ivy.xml).
                Last edited by Mark Fisher; May 15th, 2009, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Mark: This is what I have in my class path - I have also tried the once in the dist folder too:

<classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/org.springframework.xml-1.5.5.A.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/com.springsource.javax.activation-1.1.1.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/com.springsource.javax.servlet-2.5.0.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/com.springsource.javax.xml.stream-1.0.1.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/com.springsource.org.aopalliance-1.0.0.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/com.springsource.org.apache.commons.logging-1.1.1.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/com.springsource.org.apache.ws.commons.schema-1.3.2.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/org.springframework.aop-2.5.6.SEC01.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/org.springframework.context-2.5.6.SEC01.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/org.springframework.core-2.5.6.SEC01.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/org.springframework.integration-1.0.2.SR1.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/org.springframework.integration.adapter-1.0.2.SR1.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/org.springframework.integration.ws-1.0.2.SR1.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/org.springframework.oxm-1.5.5.A.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/org.springframework.oxm.java5-1.5.5.A.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/org.springframework.transaction-2.5.6.SEC01.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/org.springframework.web-2.5.6.SEC01.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/org.springframework.web.servlet-2.5.6.SEC01.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/org.springframework.ws-1.5.5.A.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/org.springframework.beans-2.5.6.SEC01.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/org.springframework.beans-sources-2.5.6.SEC01.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/org.springframework.integration-1.0.1.RELEASE.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/TSS/org.springframework.integration.stream-1.0.2.RELEASE.jar"/>

With this I get errors:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationExcepti on: Could not instantiate bean class [org.springframework.integration.ws.SimpleWebServic eOutboundGateway]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/soap/SOAPException
                  at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateCla ss(BeanUtils.java:115)
                  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleIn stantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiatio nStrategy.java:87)
                  at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Construc torResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolve r.java:248)
                  ... 47 more
                  Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/soap/SOAPException

This is very similar to another thread:
                  http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=63043

which doesn't go anywhere.

Comment

You need to add the saaj JAR.

Sorry... you are definitely right that we need to simplify this. We are planning to create a more user-friendly sample distribution. Thanks for helping to confirm that it will be time well spent

Comment

Just to clarify... if you look at the Spring Integration WS module's dependencies as defined in pom.xml, you will see that some are "provided". This means that they would be provided by the environment (e.g. "servlet" is provided in a Servlet container, "jms" is provided in an EE container, etc). SAAJ (api and impl) both fall into that category.

Here is the POM:
                      https://src.springframework.org/svn/...ion.ws/pom.xml

Hope that helps.

We *will* provide a simpler sample distribution ASAP.

Thanks again.
                      -Mark

Comment

That will be awesome if we can find all the dependencies in one place.

Comment

Feel free to create a JIRA issue for this so that you can track it (and so others can vote on it).

In the meantime, if you want to know the easiest way to get up and running with all of the samples, you can simply do an SVN checkout, run 'ant jar test', and then import the modules as Eclipse projects.

The readme.txt describes these steps in more detail:
                          https://src.springframework.org/svn/...ces/readme.txt

Comment

If you use STS 2.1 M1 or 2.0.2 you will have m2eclipse installed there. Then you can simply uses that to get all the dependencies based on the pom.xml.

Anyway, making this simpler/better documented seems like the way to go.

Comment

Hi, is this error caused by SAAJ jars? How do I resolve this issue?

HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR: An attempt was made to insert a node where it is not permitted.

Comment

Working...
                              X