Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitoring processing progress and dequeueing messages?

I was wondering what the best practices are regarding tracking of message processing progress of (JMS) channels?

On a related note to that: how would one programmtically dequeue a message, so that it is not any longer going down the channel processing chain?

Any recommendations on how to achieve / where to hook into spring integrations highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Lars

I think you're looking for a Wire Tap to log message process (an interceptor on a channel will do). To remove messages from a channel you can use a Channel Purger; to prevent messages from reaching an endpoint you can use a Message Filter. I think all these patterns should be in The Famous Manual , but you could run into some documentation issues (please add them to JIRA if you do).

I am not sure what you mean by "not going down the chain", so I will avoid speculation on that point.

Comment

Originally posted by iwein View Post
      I think you're looking for a Wire Tap to log message process (an interceptor on a channel will do).
      This might be good for auditing purposes, but a requirement I got was to to track how many messages are waiting to being processed by a channel.

To remove messages from a channel you can use a Channel Purger;
      If I understand the documentation right, you would need to retrieve the appropriate channel, and then call a purge with a specified message selector, is this the way you would recommend?

... to prevent messages from reaching an endpoint you can use a Message Filter.
      Sounds similar like beforehand, I would need to retrieve the channel dynamically from the application context to setup the message filter?

I think all these patterns should be in The Famous Manual , but you could run into some documentation issues (please add them to JIRA if you do).
      Currently I am not sure if I ask something very obvious, or a question that should be answered by the (really great!) reference manual...

I am not sure what you mean by "not going down the chain", so I will avoid speculation on that point.
      Sorry, me being a spring integrations novice not knowing better term :-)

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X