Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FileReadingMessageSource and LineNumberReader

Hello.

I'm looking for a way to read large files. After FileReadingMessageSource provides a Message<File>w I want to open the file stream and iterate with LineNumberReader, and send Message<String> for every line. It will be blocked by the channel until the consumer of the messages will process them. As the consumer advances, more lines of file would be read.

I cannot implement a splitter, because I don't want to read the whole file at once and return List<String>. If I could return Iterator<String>, it would solve the problem.

So what's the best approach to this?

Thank you.
    Andrew.

I would suggest using Spring Batch for that. You could either kick off a simple Spring Batch job when Spring Integration receives the File, or you could just reuse some of the Spring Batch infrastructure components directly (e.g. FlatFileItemReader).

Comment

Interesting point though that
      Code:
      @Splitter
      Iterator<Item> split(Order order){..}
      should work. You should create an issue for that. I'm sure it will get some votes.

Comment

Please do create an issue for that. We should add support for an Iterator there as well as collection types.

Comment

Done.

http://jira.springframework.org/browse/INT-651

P.S. any chance to get reply to: http://forum.springsource.org/showth...t=70292&page=3 ?

Comment

Thanks. I've assigned this issue to 1.0.3, and I just commented on the delay queue post.

Comment

Great, thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X