X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question : Transactions with Spring integration

I'm working a system where we have to move data from one oracle database to another oracle database and notify users via JMS that data has arrived on the second database. I'm looking into using Oracle Streams to do this data movement. Oracle Streams is built upon queues so I can have a spring channel adapter listen for new messages and forward them. A requirement we have is that the queues that external users of our system interface with must be Apache active mq.
    so, my thoughts are to have a spring channel adapter for the oracle queue that then forwards the messages onto a a bean (service activator ) that translates the contents of the message into a suitable format and then forwards the new message onto the active mq topic.

From what I read this should be possible. ( Please correct me if I'm wrong ).

Is it possible to wrap the path from when the channel adapter reads the message from the oracle aq to the sending of the message to the activemq queue in a transaction so if at any point something fails I can reread the message from the originating oracle queue?

Thanks

Yes, this is possible if you use JTA, direct channels and a transactional poller.

Comment

Working...
    X