X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Integration 1.0.2 OSGI dependencies

Hi, I've just installed the new Spring Integration 1.0.2 release into an OSGI environment and found that the dependency on the spring integration core packages in the other 1.0.2 bundles (adapter, file, jms etc) is [1.0.1, 1.0.2). Surely this is wrong as the they wont resolve against a 1.0.2 version of the core bundle?

David,

You are absolutely right. We are going to need to provide a patched release. In the final days of the release we were very focused on the Maven POMs - trying to improve that experience, and ironically I overlooked this trivial change. We will modify the manifests and build that within a couple days - once we decide what to do (e.g. 1.0.2.A), and we will build-in an automated, verifiable solution in the future.

Regards,
    Mark

Comment

Sorry that I'm piggy backing on this thread, but I have a question regarding these 1.0.x builds.

When will the public xsd at: springframework.org/schema/integration/spring-integration-1.0.xsd be updated to reflect the latest release?

I'm having trouble using one of the new namespace features in 1.0.2 because the xsd hasn't been updated yet. Specifically, I would like to use the jms:inbound-gateway default-reply-destination.

I've got it working using a local copy of the xsd from the 1.0.2 jars, but I'm hoping there is a better way to access this new functionality.

Thanks for all of your hard work! I just finished a mini trade study between spring integration and apache camel, and we decided to go with ya'll for the quality of your code, documentation, support, and user community.

Comment

Matthew,

I just updated the schemas online. You should no longer need to use the XSDs from the JARs. Please try it out, and let me know how it goes.

I'm really glad to hear that you decided to go with Spring Integration - especially for the reasons you listed.

Regards,
        Mark

Comment

Mathew,

Would you mind sharing your evaluation results with the community? We could help circulate it on springsource.org.

Great to hear you chose Spring Integration too

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Fisher View Post
            David,

You are absolutely right. We are going to need to provide a patched release. In the final days of the release we were very focused on the Maven POMs - trying to improve that experience, and ironically I overlooked this trivial change. We will modify the manifests and build that within a couple days - once we decide what to do (e.g. 1.0.2.A), and we will build-in an automated, verifiable solution in the future.

Regards,
            Mark
            Was this new version ever released? I see 1.0.2.RELEASE but I wasn't sure what you decided on.

Comment

We will be releasing 1.0.2.SR1 by the end of the week (April 17) with correct manifest headers for the intra-project version ranges.

It may happen today or tomorrow - but definitely by Friday.

Comment

The 1.0.2.SR1 release is now available in the SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository and also via the SpringSource download page. The version ranges in the manifest are now correct. Please try it out.

Comment

Working...
                X