Announcement Announcement Module
No announcement yet.
when I use poller, how to know it reach the max-mesages-per-poll? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when I use poller, how to know it reach the max-mesages-per-poll?

I use the sample from ch17 and found polling is still message-driven.
    <jms:inbound-channel-adapter id="jmsIn" destination="inQueue" >
    <integrationoller max-messages-per-poll="30" >
    <integration:interval-trigger interval="30" time-unit="SECONDS"/>

use this as an example,
    Without specify channel = xyz, deault is DirectChannel.
    it still send message to subscriber.
    and one message at a time.
    so handler can only handle one message at a time.
    My goal is hope to get 30 messages once and use array insert all 30 into database ont shot and one commit.
    if I only get one message at a time and add to my List, it is not much different than event driven since i dont know WHEN I reach 30 messages or timeout so I can go insert.

any suggestion is very appreciate.

You might want to consider an aggregator (see the reference manual) or depending on the use-case, you might want to look at spring-batch.

is there any other TransactionManager for jms other than JmsTransactionManager ?

in 2.0 API, it seems like I can only get one connection and one session when I use JmsTransactionManager. API says
      This transaction strategy will typically be used in combination with SingleConnectionFactory, which uses a single JMS Connection for all JMS access in order to avoid the overhead of repeated Connection creation, typically in a standalone application. Each transaction will then share the same JMS Connection, while still using its own individual JMS Session.

transactionManager is required for this simple step bean. what is the best transaction manager for jms reader?

I use JmsItemReader and setup a pool for taskExecutor but i dont see 10 readers running. The performance for this reader seems slow.
      It took 25 seconds to GET 400 MQ messages.
      here is my step:

<bean id="helloStep" class="org.springframework.batch.core.step.item.Si mpleStepFactoryBean">
      <property name="transactionManager" ref="transactionManager"/>
      <property name="jobRepository" ref="jobRepository"/>
      <property name="itemReader" ref="jmsItemReader"/>
      <property name="itemProcessor" ref="tradeProcessor"></property>
      <property name="itemWriter" ref="writer"/>
      <property name="commitInterval" value="100"/>
      <property name="taskExecutor" ref="threadPoolTaskExec" />