Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• request-response via JMS from service

hi,

I'm struggling to find an example of a pattern I thought would be obvious (so I expect I'm looking in the wrong places!).

I want to basically do the inverse of the gateway examples (channel -> service pojo -> channel). From a service tier object, I want to perform a blocking method call where the parameter is sent as a message on a JMS queue and the message that turns up on the reply queue is the return value from the method call. i.e.

Code:
    public interface MyService {
        String someServiceMethod(String input);
    }
    with SI providing an implementation of that interface which effectively does "input -> channel -> broker -> reply-channel -> method return"

I can see how I can do this with a jms:outbound-gateway, but not without directly depending on the SI API.

Any pointers to an example of this?

Cheers,

We chatted about this on #spring I think. Did that solve your problem?

Comment

hi Iwein - yes, the gateway did work, and I did manage to make it work through the dynamic proxy implementation too (i.e. not depending on SI API's in the code). Thanks for your time

Comment

So when is that blog due comparing SI and Camel

Comment

Could you please attach the gateway sample configuration to this thread?

Thanks a lot,
          Lars

Comment

I believe they were referring to the JMS gateway sample that is included in the Spring Integration distribution (or SVN).

You can find the samples here:
            https://src.springframework.org/svn/...n/samples/jms/

Comment

Working...
            X