X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RendezvousChannel

I have a message-driven-channel-adapater that receives a JMS message and forwards it onto a channel. The MessageEndPoint on that channel then needs to forward the "request" onto another JMS (outside the JVM) and wait until a response is made.

I was looking at the documentation and the RendezvousChannel seemed like a good solution, however, I cannot seem to figure out how to configure the channel to forward onward to a specific queue. How do I configure the message be sent to a specific Destination and have it then return to my block so that I can process the reply. Here is some sample code im working with.

My inbound configuration
    Code:
    <jms:message-driven-channel-adapter
    	id="registrationInbound" destination="registrationQueue" channel="registrationChannel" />
    My endpoint method
    Code:
    @ServiceActivator(inputChannel = "registrationChannel")
    public void registerClient(byte[] payload,
    		@Headers Map<String, Object> headerMap) {

RendezvousChannel rendezvous = new RendezvousChannel();
    	Message<byte[]> message = MessageBuilder.withPayload(payload)
    				.setReplyChannel(rendezvous).build();
    	rendezvous.send(message)) 
    	Message<byte[]> replyMessage = (Message<byte[]>) rendezvous.receive();

// do something else
    }
    Much appreciated.

It sounds like you just need to use a JMS outbound gateway. Have you looked at that? You can see an example in the 'org.springframework.integration.samples.jms' package.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Fisher View Post
      It sounds like you just need to use a JMS outbound gateway. Have you looked at that? You can see an example in the 'org.springframework.integration.samples.jms' package.
      Well I need to retain the reply-to from the original JMS message. I need to take some of the information from the payload and pass it to another server and receive its reply. Then compile a response to the original sender. So I would imagine that I would need to have the message being passed to the other server running in the same thread.

Comment

Working...
      X