Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTA + JPA/Hibernate + Glassfish

Hi,

Im' trying to configure my application to use JTA transactions running on glassfish. I keep getting a TypeMismatchException every time I start the server :

Code:
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager] to required type [javax.transaction.TransactionManager] for property 'transactionManager'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type [org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager] to required type [javax.transaction.TransactionManager] for property 'transactionManager': no matching editors or conversion strategy found
    	at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.convertForProperty(BeanWrapperImpl.java:391)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.convertForProperty(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1289)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1250)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1010)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:472)
    	... 193 more
    I've been searching the net all day and can't find a decent solution to this problem. Below are my config files so far :

META-INF/persistence.xml

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <persistence xmlns="/java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
    	xmlns:xsi="/www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    	xsi:schemaLocation="/java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence
    /java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd"
    	version="1.0">
    	<persistence-unit name="xxx-persistence-unit"
    		transaction-type="JTA">
    		<jta-data-source>java:jdbc/xxxxsample</jta-data-source>
    		<properties>
    			<property name="hibernate.ejb.cfgfile" value="/hibernate/hibernate.cfg.xml" />
    		    <property name="hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class" value="org.hibernate.transaction.SunONETransactionManagerLookup"/>
    		    <property name="hibernate.transaction.factory_class" value="org.hibernate.transaction.JTATransactionFactory"/>
           </properties>
    	</persistence-unit>
    </persistence>
    ApplicationContext.xml :

Code:
    <context:annotation-config />
    <jee:jndi-lookup id="dataSource" jndi-name="jdbc/xxxxxsample" resource-ref="true"/>

<bean id="entityManagerFactory"
    		class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean">
    		<property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource" />
    		<property name="jpaVendorAdapter">
    			<bean class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.HibernateJpaVendorAdapter">
    				<property name="showSql" value="true" />
    				<property name="generateDdl" value="true" />
    			</bean>
    		</property>
    		<property name="persistenceUnitName" value="xxxxx-persistence-unit" />
    		<property name="jpaProperties">
    			<props>
    				<!--<prop key="hibernate.connection.driver_class"> org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver </prop>
    				<prop key="hibernate.connection.url"> jdbc:hsqldb:mem:demo </prop>
    				<prop key="hibernate.connection.username"> sa </prop>
    				<prop key="hibernate.connection.password"> </prop>-->
    				<prop key="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.DerbyDialect</prop>
    				<prop key="hibernate.show_sql">true</prop>
    				<prop key="hibernate.ejb.naming_strategy">xxx.xxx.xxx.sample.integration.common.hibernate.xxxxNamingStrategy</prop>
    				<prop key="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto">create-drop</prop>

</props>
    		</property>
    		<property name="loadTimeWeaver">
                <bean class="org.springframework.instrument.classloading.glassfish.GlassFishLoadTimeWeaver"/>
            </property>
    	</bean>
    	<bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager" />
    Can anyone tell me what's wrong ?
    Last edited by Domenique; Aug 19th, 2009, 08:23 AM.

You've posted in the forum for the Spring Integration project. You should post this in the Data Access forum.

Comment

By the way, when using the Spring LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean to create an EntityManager, you do not need to configure the transaction-type and jta-data-source in the persistence.xml configuration file.

For example, have a look at the configuration excerpts in the docs:
      http://static.springframework.org/sp...a-setup-lcemfb

Hope that helps.
      Mark

Comment

The definitely solution for JPA + JTA Transactions!

Dear Mark Fisher,

thank you a lot for sharing your knowledge with community. I`ve spent many days looking for a solution, to work with plain JPA and JTA transactions with Spring (I`m using Glassfish).

The details you gave us makes all the difference.

Best Regards,
        Alexandre Verri

Comment

Working...
        X