Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to Tomcat 6 Thread Pool via Spring?

Hello,

I would like to use the tomcat managed thread pool within my web application, for things like quartz and asyncy processing based on an http request, etc...

Can I get access to Tomcat's Thread pool ( in my case Tomcat 6) via Spring in some way similar to WorkManagerTaskExecutor ( which from my reading is only for websphere/weblogic ).

Thanks!

Hi!

Have you solved this problem?

I have the same issue and it feels like the solution doesn't exist.

Tnx!

Comment

If you can access it in Java you can create a FactoryBean for it.

Comment

... and if you can access it via JNDI, you can use Spring's JndiFactoryBean or the <jee:jndi-lookup/> element.

Comment

Originally posted by iwein View Post
          If you can access it in Java you can create a FactoryBean for it.
          Originally posted by Mark Fisher View Post
          ... and if you can access it via JNDI, you can use Spring's JndiFactoryBean or the <jee:jndi-lookup/> element.
          OK, sorry for continuing this thread on Spring forums, this is more a Tomcat question; anyway, if anyone can help, please do.

The problem is that I don't know how to access Tomcat's thread pool from Java or JNDI. If I could do that...it's simple afterwards, I did it in WebSphere.

Comment

I don't know exactly what you're trying to do or how to do it probably. http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-...ces-howto.html describes how to expose resources through JNDI. I'm not sure if tomcat exposes a thread pool all by itself, so you might have to set one up. On the other hand if you're only going to use it from Spring Integration you might as well configure it directly instead of doing the JNDI lookup.

Comment

Working...
            X