Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Spring DM with Spring Integration

Hi All!,

I'm testing SI during several months and I was wondering make it more dynamical. Right now I'm testing SpringDM (osgi) and I'm thinking about integrate it with my SI app. Is this approach possible? Does anyone test it?

The point is publish my SI app as a bundle and then install or uninstall custom components, not the native ones.

As I said, I'm only testing it and I'm not sure if it will work as expected.

Cheers,

NEStor

That is absolutely possible. In fact, the idea of designing an application as a set of modules (bundles) fits very well with integration applications. There are a number of options when deciding what to expose as the OSGi 'services' ('references' on the other side). For example, the Spring Integration MessageChannel, as an abstraction itself, would provide very loose coupling between bundles.

In any case, we would be very interested in hearing more about the approach that you take if you do decide to pursue this. I would also highly recommend considering dm Server (http://www.springsource.com/products/suite/dmserver).

Comment

Thanks for your reply Mark,

I'll give you any feedback. I'm going to continue testing this approach.

NEStor

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Fisher View Post
        That is absolutely possible. In fact, the idea of designing an application as a set of modules (bundles) fits very well with integration applications. There are a number of options when deciding what to expose as the OSGi 'services' ('references' on the other side). For example, the Spring Integration MessageChannel, as an abstraction itself, would provide very loose coupling between bundles.

In any case, we would be very interested in hearing more about the approach that you take if you do decide to pursue this. I would also highly recommend considering dm Server (http://www.springsource.com/products/suite/dmserver).
        We expose SI channels as an OSGi service. This helps us introduce dynamic concepts like creating custom channels from a template and we can wire in all the channels programatically .

I am thinking of exposing the same for some other SI components as well.

Thanks
        Shashank

Comment

Working...
        X