Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBoss Jms Topic Durable Subscription

Hello,

I'm new to spring integration and have so far found it very promising. I'm currently working with Jms and JBoss. Does someone have an example of configuring a connection to a durable topic subscription using spring-integration? I've been able to configure non-durable topics, but some of my test messages get dropped.

Thanks,
    Bob

It would be interesting to see your testcode. In general you can support transactionality around the area of your config that uses direct channels (i.e. executes in the same thread), however, if you hand off the message for a different thread to process (using a channel with a queue) the transaction completes. You can provide durability by storing the message in an enpoint at the input and marking it as done in a transaction down stream.

Again, it would be nice to have an actual example, so if you have one please share.

Comment

Here is my application context configuration for the topic subscriber. The topic is configured on JBoss, and the test message producer is a separate app that simply publishes multiple messages on the topic (not using spring).

Do you have an example of the best way to subscribe to a JBoss topic and guarantee delivery of all messages?

Thanks for you help,
      Bob

<bean class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.Pr opertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>

<bean id="localConnectionFactory" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryB ean">
      <property name="jndiName" value="java:/ConnectionFactory"/>
      </bean>

<bean id="localClientDestination" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryB ean">
      <property name="jndiName" value="/topic/ixClientTopic"/>
      </bean>

<intublish-subscribe-channel id="clientChannel"/>

<jms:inbound-channel-adapter
      id="clientIn"
      connection-factory="localConnectionFactory"
      destination="localClientDestination"
      channel="clientChannel"/>

<bean id="consumer" class="org.springframework.integration.endpoint.Ev entDrivenConsumer">
      <constructor-arg ref="clientChannel"/>
      <constructor-arg ref="clientMessageHandler"/>
      </bean>

<bean id="clientMessageHandler" class="org.cubrc.intellex.delegate.mgr.listener.Cl ientMessageHandler">
      <property name="clientChannel" ref="clientChannel"/>
      </bean>

Comment

Originally posted by rganger View Post
        Do you have an example of the best way to subscribe to a JBoss topic and guarantee delivery of all messages?
        I don't have one on my right now, but http://static.springframework.org/sp...-directchannel might be helpful.

If you get it working it would be great if you could post it back here (using the \[code\]\[/code\] tags )

Comment

Working...
        X