X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP Adapter Snapshot

I just noticed that integration 1.0 has been released, but that the FTP adapter was pulled out to spring extensions. When will a snapshot of se-spring-integration-adapters be available? Is there a roadmap?

Thanks,

Nathan

There is no roadmap as of yet, but you can use the ftp adapters from the CI builds. They are in a good condition at the moment.

Check under artifacts here: https://build.springframework.org/br...HOT-9/artifact

Comment

Thanks for the link. I'll start with that.

But I'm curious about why only the FTP Adapter code was moved. What about the other adapters like JMS, etc?

Thanks,

Nathan

Comment

The main idea is to limit the number of adapters that are shipped with SI to a minimum. WS, JMS, File for example are very mainstream and to be taken seriously SI needs to ship with them. Most users however will not want to use FTP adapters, so they have no place in the core.

An additional argument was that we didn't want work on the Ftp Adapters to jeopardize the SI core. Now the quality is fine imo, but when we moved them I wasn't happy with the code, but improving it didn't have the highest priority.

Last generic argument is that moving stuff into the framework is easy, but after 1.0 moving things out becomes very hard.

Ftp is an outdated technology that is still widely used, but shouldn't be part of the core of modern frameworks.

Incidently I had tons of fun developing on the ftp code and I think it turned out quite well. If you happen to need ftp you're in luck, if you need some other strange technology you can see how easy it is to create an adapter by looking at the ftp related code. Maybe you could even submit your adapter to the SESIA project.

Working this way allows us to keep very strict with the core whilst having many adapters readily available on the side.

Comment

Working...
        X