X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectChannel as ReplyChannel

From the ChangeLog I got the impression that I can use any type of channel in a replyChannel:

GatewayProxyFactoryBean now supports non-pollable replyChannel
    But running my tests I got:

Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [org.springframework.integration.channel.DirectChan nel] to required type [org.springframework.integration.channel.PollableCh annel] for property 'defaultReplyChannel'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type [org.springframework.integration.channel.DirectChan nel] to required type [org.springframework.integration.channel.PollableCh annel] for property 'defaultReplyChannel': no matching editors or conversion strategy found
    What am I missing?

Cheers.

That reply channel has to be a PollableChannel in the current implementation, because it is used by the no-arg methods to do: channel.receive() (without any sending first - and therefore no request/reply correlation).

Comment

I modified this so that the defaultReplyChannel does not have to be PollableChannel. If it is not, however, and the no-arg receive methods are called, an IllegalStateException will be thrown (they cannot receive from a non-PollableChannel).

https://fisheye.springframework.org/...ration?cs=1784

Comment

Working...
      X